Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Self-Sabotage

This is a topic that might just come up fairly often because I'm so very good at it:

self-sabotage.

I put on one of my favourite pairs of jeans today and they are tight. Sure, they just came out of the laundry, but they're still not usually that tight. I tweeted that I needed to take charge of my food. And then, what do I do?

I ate 3 cupcakes.

Good grief!

Self-sabotage in full action. Why in the world would I eat 3 cupcakes after stating I needed to take charge of my food and being uncomfortable in my jeans? Especially cupcakes that seem to give me a particular headache after each one?

That's the $10 million-dollar question, I think. ;) Part of it stems too much from going with the flow: oh, I'm hungry, look! a cupcake, sure, I'll eat that. Then there's the "well, I don't know what else to eat, and it's quick and easy..." But there's more to it than that. I've got to either figure out what's at the root of this self-sabotage or just figure out a way to commit myself to what I want instead of giving in.

At least the cupcakes were dairy-free. :D

So, what do you think? Do you self-sabotage? In what way? What do you think would help you to stop?

EDIT: I should have entitled this post "Yearning For a Tight-Jean-Free Life". ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment