Saturday, January 21, 2012

Becoming Aware

I sat down this morning at my computer, my Twitter opened from last night. Right there in the middle of my page was a post from Karen Knowler with this quote:


"...become aware of what you are eating and drinking and what is driving that choice".


It stuck out at me in part because just last night, I was at a friend's house who was talking about just that, her journey so far this year to become more aware of what she is eating and drinking. And why. Was she eating because she was hungry? Out of habit? Because she felt like it?


I've been having similar thoughts lately. I need to become more aware. I have become more aware--more aware that a great deal of the time, I am eating because I'm tired and I feel like it, not because of actual hunger.


As I've said before, I don't believe in coincidences. So many references to this at once is a clear message to me that I need to become more aware of what I eat. So, I've prepared a couple of super simple, non-fancy food trackers that I have put in the Free Resources section.


I have a tendency of just eating throughout the day, so I'm starting with the food-by-time tracker. So far this morning, I've put my breakfast in and my reasons for my selection: "because I'm resisting eating fruit." I want to start my days off with fruit, and yet here I am, starting with toast. We'll see where tracking leads me in a few days! I'm sure it will help cut down on my recent cupcake consumption. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment