Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Highlights

I thought I would end 2012 with a look back at progress I made toward my healthier living goals this year. I may not have managed to hit the ideal I wanted, but, dang, I did make progress and I'm proud of it! :D

http://www.cbc.ca/books/2012.jpg

Not in any particular order and not necessarily all-inclusive:

*fresh garlic is a regular staple around here; a few years ago, I'd never used fresh garlic in my life
*I've tried so many new recipes compared to previous years
*kale is a fairly frequent visitor in our house now
*Swiss chard has appeared a few times
*have managed to do a week and a half straight of gluten-free eating--and don't want the bread back
*did yoga each day for over 100 days in a row
*had lots of days with raw mornings
*started working on strengthening my poor atrophied muscles
*haven't gained weight beyond a certain point that I seem to hit each year at some point
*fewer pre-packaged items have been used for supper than previous years; a couple years ago, Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni, pre-packaged rices, frozen chicken nuggets and such were all regular meals around here
*typically eating more fruits and veggies
*more vegetarian suppers served to my family this year compared to previous years

These are all great steps for me! It's motivating to see all the little steps I've taken even though the final product may not be at the level I wanted. But, so what? :D I wonder what I will accomplish in 2013?

What accomplishments are you proud of--health-wise or other--for 2012?


Happy New Year's Eve to you all and wishing you a happy and healthy 2013!
http://newyork.cities2night.com/public/event_images/221643.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment