Saturday, December 7, 2013

Take the 7-Day "No Complaining Allowed" Challenge!

I've been noticing lately that I criticize and complain quite a bit. Especially while driving. It's perhaps "normal" to do, but how does it help anything? It doesn't!

Recently, I started reading


I'm quite enjoying it so far and have uncovered things from my childhood that are related to my current financial status. If you find yourself constantly reverting back to a particular financial state, despite trying to move ahead, I would highly recommend you read this book! But back to the actual point of this post: In section two, Eker goes through Wealth Files. I'm only on the first one, but in it, he puts a challenge out to have 7 days without complaining. Why? Laregly because we tend to get more of what we focus on. If we keep focusing negatively, through complaining, on things, we're just going to keep having more things to complain about! (If you aren't into believing we attract more of what we focus on, then take this on a psychological level: if we keep a complaining mentality, our minds will keep searching for things to complain about. Complaining brings us down; it's not positive. Do yourself a favour and let go of the complaining!) And it's not just complaining out loud, but complaining in your head! Seven days, he challenges people, to not even complain in their heads. He says the results have changed some people's lives dramatically.

So, I'm doing it. I'm I have not complained yet today, I don't think ;), so today is my Day 1. Join me, won't you, and work toward a complaint-free life?

No comments:

Post a Comment