Friday, June 1, 2012

I love this book!

I took a book out from the library this week that I thought was just going to be another typical raw food book.

I was WRONG!

The book in question:



This book is AMAZING! I flipped through it last night while at my son's gymnastics lesson and finally had to find a scrap piece of paper to rip in pieces to mark recipes I'd like to try. There are so many, I started thinking I should just buy it. That led to a guilty thought of having other raw food books I barely use, but I am going to go ahead and get it anyhow.

What's so great about this book?

1) There is a picture for each and every recipe. To me, this alone places it above almost all other cookbooks I've ever looked at. I like to know what something is going to look like before I take the time to try. I'm much more likely to try a recipe in a book if I've seen the picture. Seeing the pictures for these recipes is practically a God-send.

2) No dehydrator needed for any of them! (Unless I skimmed too quickly, but pretty sure there is no dehydrator used.) This makes it far more desirable for those of us who aren't sure about getting a dehydrator. Standard blender needed, some require a grinder or hand blender, and I think that's about it.

3) Normal ingredients. Most of the ingredients are pretty easy to come by.

If you are interested in raw food cuisine or just interested in getting more fruits and veggies into your diet, I highly recommend this book! (Of course, I say this without having tried any of the recipes yet, but based on recipes I have tried so far and looking at their ingredients, I would say there are definitely some yummy recipes in this book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment