Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just feel like posting

I'm tired. Sluggish. Don't feel like doing anything. Part of it is definitely the weather! It's changed on us, is gloomy, cold and now snowing in the gloominess. SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) symptoms?

In any case, I would like to track a bit more my food consumption, and what better way than to blog it?

So far today:
*Had a cinnamon bun before I even thought about the fact I was trying to focus on healthy foods. This wasn't a healthy cinnamon bun by any standard: white flour, lots of brown sugar, lots of vegan margarine... It was yummy though. ;)
* LOTS of water. I couldn't seem to get enough. My sinuses have been problematic today and sometimes that is related to mild dehydration. I do seem to be feeling a bit better now.
*Green smoothie: baby spinach, splash of orange juice, water, half an overripe banana and some frozen mango chunks
*3/4 cup of leftover cooked brown jasmine rice with some sauteed in water cauliflower pieces and carrots, with a small amount (maybe 1-1 1/2 tbsp?) of VH Teriyaki sauce (yep, I know, not very healthy, helped add a bit of interest!)

That's been it so far. Before making my rice and veggie lunch, I checked the Canada Food Guide to see how much rice made a serving. 1/2 cup. I couldn't believe it after I measured it (I just wanted to have a real idea of how much 1/2 cup of cooked rice is). It's TINY! We completely overeat grains around here, that's for sure. This will be something to work on, to get my kids to eat veggies before supper or to establish limits on how they fill their plates. Or, well, maybe even measuring out a serving so they see! I know the more I can get myself to do it, the more of an effect it will have on them to choose to do it.

Other than that, I would really like to curl up for a nap, but I can't: dayhome kids are here and fully awake! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment