Saturday, March 3, 2012

80/10/10?

Before I get going on my menu planning for the upcoming week, I've been reading up on the 80/10/10 plan. Some people swear by it. Others have found their cholesterol levels increase (?!?!). It seems so heavy on the fruits, much more so than other raw foodists recommend. I do think he's right about limiting nuts and fat, but I don't know about the 80/10/10 balance. I also have a lot of raw fruit issues still (several make my mouth itch; part of a cross-reaction to a birch bark allergy) and I just don't know how it would work. Of course, I haven't yet read the book, so I don't really know. And there isn't a library in my province that carries it. I will have to buy it new if I want it. Or pay a ridiculous amount for a used (why are all the used ones more expensive??). Although some of the new are ridiculously priced: $999.99. I take it they don't really want to sell it? lol

My point in writing this is: If you know about this plan, have tried it, anything, please leave a comment! I'm always hesitant to buy a book I haven't seen myself or haven't had people share their experiences with.

No comments:

Post a Comment