Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pay Attention to Labels

I was doing just fine this morning with orange juice, 1/2 of a banana, lots of water (I really wasn't hungry this morning), then had the Caesar salad I mentioned in my previous post. Felt great. I decided to have a gluten-free blueberry muffin I bought from Superstore yesterday. I had had one last night and noticed it was quite sweet. Tasted more like cake than a muffin. I still had one after my lunch today. It's a muffin, right?

It didn't take long for my energy levels to drop. I would really like a nap right now, to be honest, and yet I felt fine not more than 20 minutes ago. Before I had the so-called muffin. I had looked at the label at the store but only to see if there was any milk in it. I looked at the label today after my sugar low to see just what's in this stuff. First ingredient? Sugar. GAH. And now I have the all-too-familiar "sugar headache" starting up. I don't recall having had one last night, but my food intake this morning, being "purer", if you will than what I had for supper last night, the sugar content went straight to me. Time for more water to help flush it out.

Scanning labels for forbidden ingredients isn't enough! Must pay attention to all ingredients!

Do you have a story of a time you bought something without properly reading a label?

No comments:

Post a Comment